Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Saturday Morning Thoughts on Being Worth the Investment 05/25/13

My, my, my I woke up this morning feeling quite a bit more refreshed than I have felt in awhile. Not sure what it was, but I feel like I don't have a care in the world right now. As I look around I can easily say, that things could be worse or so glad I don't have to deal with that. For about 2 weeks, there have been a few thoughts on my brain that I was struggling to wrap my mind around. So basically, I put some things down on paper and left them in draft status. The last 24 hours it seems like I have been in living in the midst of an ongoing epiphany revolving around this question, "Am I worth the investment?" Like most people that exist in the world today, there are so many ways of staying connected or in tune with what's going on. I have to ask, have you made an investment in something that is worth checking in on ever so often. If you know me and understand how much I value my relationships with the people that I care about, you know sharing my thoughts is therapeutic for me and its how I grow. Over time, I have learned that if I am not sharing my thoughts that I becoming stagnant with no growth. I have to thank my pro bono therapist Dora G for adding some additional insight on who Nick Jr. actually is.(Doesn't hurt that I have been a patient of hers since '96 lol) Here's an exercise that I am still working on, but is extremely healthy for your overall well being. Stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself, "Am I worth the investment?" Sit down with a blank sheet of paper and write down a list of things you have accomplished in life thus far and ask yourself, "Was it worth the investment?" And last, but certainly not least, count your blessings and you may realize that HIS investment was more than worth it. It's up to us to make the decision that whatever we choose to do is a worthwhile investment that gives us the return that we desire. We all have different reasons as to what, when, who, and why we invest our time, energy, and efforts into. What has been your greatest investment thus far? I would be willing to bet that your answer would be yourself, but I could be wrong. Would you believe that at some point in your life you have been someone else's biggest investment? The thing about it is that you have to be confident in knowing that you are worth the investment and then some at all times. When life happens, you learn a lot about yourself and those around you. I challenge you to go forward, live life, and be phenomenal. “Take time to gather up the past so that you will be able to draw from your experience and invest them in the future.” Jim Rohn “The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.” Frank Lloyd Wright “If you want to be truly successful invest in yourself to get the knowledge you need to find your unique factor. When you find it and focus on it and persevere your success will blossom.” Sidney Madwed “Invest three percent of your income in yourself (self-development) in order to guarantee your future.” Brian Tracy “When you make a commitment to a relationship, you invest your attention and energy in it more profoundly because you now experience ownership of that relationship.” Barbara De Angelis “Invest in the human soul. Who knows, it might be a diamond in the rough.” Mary McLeod Bethune “The question is not whether we can afford to invest in every child; it is whether we can afford not to.” Marian Wright Edelman Sent from my Blackberry on the nation's best wireless network. Can you hear me now? #Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment