Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hump Day Thoughts on What Have You Prepared For 7/10/13

Another weekend has come and gone and we are now on the top side of the 2nd half of the year. Now is the time to get things in gear if you aren't already geared to make your 2013 count. I love the fact that I have surrounded myself with people whose conversations always make me think and leave me with a feeling that it was time well spent. Over the weekend, I spoke with several individuals that reminded me of every moment preparing us for our next moment. It's funny how we can look back in time and now see the things that we were being prepared to do. I never would have thought when I was introduced to the Positive Quote of the Day in 2006, that my big brother VAT was preparing me to create a platform to inspire and touch peoples lives. It's funny that as I talked to Brother Thompson, he thanked me for sending out the daily inspiration as he has been sharing with others along the way. Needless to say, he wasn't surprised that one of my brothers, mentors, and closest friends had inspired me in away that I have taken to a whole new level over the years. There's levels to this thing we call life and opportunities for growth in every moment for us. To grow we have to be prepared for change, but that is something not every one has matured enough to do. I have to ask myself a few questions; What have I been prepared for? What have my past relationships prepared me for? What are my current friendships/relationships preparing me for? Most importantly what have I prepared myself for? Great questions to pose to myself as I begin to see things across the board a little more clearer. I often think about how many people wish to be positioned in a certain place in life, but aren't willing to take the necessary the steps to get there. Ever heard the phrase "luck is when preparation meets opportunity" or "everyone wants to sit at the table, but no one wants to do what it takes to get there." Just for example, we often hear that we are living in the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND age, but how are we preparing the children to not be left behind? Are you yourself doing anything to prepare them? I guess I used that example considering my thoughts on life preparing me to make a difference in the lives of young people through mentoring. Life prepares you for a lot if you are willing to learn, but do you even see what life is preparing you for? Maybe you have been called to do something? Are you ready to answer the call? Or do you even see it? Do you have an idea of what you are preparing yourself for? Maybe the questions posed here made you think or even change your approach to a few things in the future? I know this for certain that you are prepared to live life and be phenomenal. The choice is yours and always has been. “If you want a place in the sun, you had better be prepared to put up with a few blisters” Abigail Van Buren “People only see what they are prepared to see.” Ralph Waldo Emerson “Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe “The door of opportunity is wide open if you are prepared.” “To be prepared is half the victory.” Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra “If you are prepared, you will be confident, and will do the job.” Tom Landry “A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind.” Albert Szent-Gyorgyi “I am prepared to go anywhere, provided it be forward.” David Livingstone “It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” Whitney M. Young, Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment