Monday, August 24, 2009

Saturday Thoughts 8/22/09

This is officially my last Saturday in my hometown for awhile. My niece and nephew are going to lure me back here soon enough to visit. They have truly left a lasting impression on their uncle. I woke up this morning and wasn't feeling the greatest but I still wanted to get my thoughts together and share some things that have been on my mind. While back here visiting friends and family membersthere has been a constant reminder of imprints andimpression that have been left on me through the course of my life.

I recently had an opportunity to get back in touch with my dear friends Natalie and Don whom I met while working as a server in a restaurant in Birmingham back in 2003. Nine years later we still communicate and I am reminded about the impression that I made on her and her husband when we first met. She toldme that she really liked the way I trimmed my beard and was very well groomed. That stuck with me for awhile and every time I saw her after then she always noticed if my facial hair was different or if I had visited the barbershop recently. Needless to say, that she and her husband also left an impression on me.

We never know who is witnessing anything that we may do. It could be opening a door for a young lady, speaking with confidence, or just the way you dress. There is always something about you whether good or bad that leaves a memory of you for another. Sometimes you may need a reminder about the impressions you tend to leave.

My Aunt Dorothy always baked the best cookies and left an impression on my taste buds that has yet to be matched. She actually baked me cookies yesterday as a way to show her love. I just wanted to leave you with a couple of examples of how I recognize some of the impressions that people have left on me.

What kind of impression are you leaving on others? What kind of impression have others left on you?

I am thankful for the lasting impressions that you have left on me and hope that my words will leave an impression on you today.

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.”

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart”

-Eleanor Roosevelt

“The footprints you leave behind will influence others. There is no person who at some time, somewhere, somehow, does not lead another.”

"If you want to leave your footprints in the sands of time, make sure you are wearing work boots”

-Sri Sathya Sai Baba

No comments:

Post a Comment