Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunday Thoughts 8/23/09

I was sitting in the airport on this Sunday afternoon with my family preparing to head back to the home to the desert. This afternoon's departure seems rather bittersweet! I enjoyed my visit back home over the last several weeks and appreciate the things I learned.

While I am saying good bye as I prepare to travel home, I find myself reminded of things that are present and things that are gone.

As I sat in the airport waiting area I felt a few tears start to well in my eyes. I managed to keep the tears to myself since my mother I traveled together on the same plane to Memphis on the first leg of our flight. We shared lunch together as we waited in Memphis for our planes to board. For some strange reason, as I hugged my mother and said good bye I had to fight back my tears.

Its always in the back of all our minds that tomorrow is not promised and we try to live the best out of our today. Often times we take for granted things and people thinking that they will always be there. Take full advantage of today as you never know what your tomorrow may bring.

I remember an August day four years ago when I told a friend "Peace out, I will holla atcha on my next trip back home!" I didn't know that would be my last conversation with my friend.

Today is what it is, TODAY, and shouldn't wasted dealing with the past. Live in the present, learn from your past experiences and make today better than yesterday. In terms of your relationships with friends and family, pick up the phone and call someone tell them you love them and if they are close by give them a hug.

Make sure the people you love know that you love them while they are here and that you aren't looking for ways to tell them long after they are gone.

My friend James Allen III, may you rest in peace as your friends and family love you and honor your memory on this day. I know you are keeping watch over us with a smile on your face.

"You know that you are in love when the hardest thing to do is say good-bye!!"

"Remember me and smile, for it's better to forget than remember me and cry."

"Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave."

-Winnie the Pooh

“Don't be dismayed at goodbyes, a farewell is necessary before you can meet again and meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.”

-Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment