Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Morning Thoughts on "FREE AGENCY"

I am just sitting here this morning watching a little television before I decide to leave the house to deal with the heat for the day. Its already 98 degrees with the anticipated high expected to be 109 degrees. All I know is that I will be keeping cool thoughts in my head as that’s one way that I know to possibly beat this heat.

You can’t turn on a TV lately without being reminded about NBA players DeWayne Wade, LeBron James, and Co’s impending free agent status. As I was watching some news reports today, I heard an agent talk about how he assists the players in prioritizing what things are important to them when evaluating their decisions; compensation, championships, team chemistry, impact on family, etc. As I continued to listen to the conversations going back and forth, thoughts began to form around a few things that were mentioned.

Whether you are interested in sports or not the free agency concept can be related to things we do in our lives. From birth each and every one of us was born a free agent as we have the freedom of choice to make decisions that affect us. In making most of our decisions regarding our careers, relationships, and lives in general we often place values on what is important to us. The values we place on things ultimately influence our decisions coupled with your desires to be in a certain place.

In the midst of your own “free agency” period in any aspect of your life, ask yourself a few questions. Is there an area that I am willing to compromise? What is most important to me? What is it that I really desire? Do I desire the wrong things?

“Serendipity. Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for.”

-Lawrence Block

“Desire is the key to motivation, but its determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”

-Mario Andretti

“If you greatly desire something, have the guts to stake everything on obtaining it.”

-Brendan Francis

“The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.”

-Robert Kiyosaki

“Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.”

-Napoleon Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment