Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tuesday Morning Thoughts on The Right Start 1/3/12

How fast does a year go by these days? I find that I am asking myself that as I think about how fast 2011 seemed to move by. A little over two days into 2012 and I am extremely excited about all this year appears to offer.

I am sure that like most people I enjoyed the fact that New Years Day fell on a Sunday which was a great way to start the week/year. I know a lot of people were excited about the opportunity to start fresh in a lot of different areas of their lives. While this is a great thing, I wonder how many times we are starting fresh in areas where we are not getting our desired results.

Why have we programmed ourselves to believe that we will change or start fresh in the New Year? Why couldn't we start at any point last year instead of waiting for January 1? Is it because with the new year, we know the world is watching and there are some people that may hold us accountable for the changes we vow to make? Maybe it is just easier to keep track of your progress that way, but who really knows why?

Regardless of what the reason is that we do it on January 1st, the thing to take note of is that most of us set goals or vow to make changes that we are putting in play in the New Year. Essentially the basis of this is that we would like to get somewhere. It could be a desired weight, a desired career position, a renewed mind, renewed spirit, etc. Bottom line is there is something out there that you want and you are putting together a road map to help you get there.

As you prepare to move forward in what ever changes that you are preparing, I want to share a few things that I have been thinking. I have realized a few things over the last couple of days while putting together my vision board.

If you find yourself listing the same things every time January 1st rolls around; are you focusing on the right things to help you get where you want to be? Do you have the right things around you to help you get from where you are to where you feel you need to be? Do you ever find yourself looking in the mirror appreciating where you are at? At the same time do you see things behind you while looking in the mirror? Your past successes, failures, or people?

There comes a time when we have to learn from whatever was in the past and look forward to start things the right way. Those experiences teach us but should not define us. This is an exciting time for all of us as we look to welcome some amazing things in 2012, but how prepared are you to start? You me be a great finisher, but how could things change as your start improves?

I asked myself these same questions as I know they are preparing me to receive what's coming to me. The best thing that I can tell you as you move forward with anything is to keep positive things around you. You know this, but I will tell you again that #PositiveMovementsForward need to be in every area of your life as it does make a difference. Go forward, live life, and be amazing. It is not that hard!

“When things go wrong, you'll find they usually go on getting worse for some time; but when things once start going right they often go on getting better and better.”

-C. S. Lewis

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

-Maria Robinson

“Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.”

-Dr. Joyce Brothers

“Remember today, for it is the beginning of always. Today marks the start of a brave new future filled with all your dreams can hold. Think truly to the future and make those dreams come true.”

“Start where you are. Distant fields always look greener, but opportunity lies right where you are. Take advantage of every opportunity of service.”

-Robert Collier

“Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose - not the one you began with perhaps, but one you'll be glad to remember.”

-Anne Sullivan

“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family”

-Anthony Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment