Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Thoughts on Helping 7/18/10

The weekend is coming to an end and my my my it was another scorcher in the valley. We did have a momentary cool spell as some ran drops did fall Friday night, but it left some moisture in the air that made the heat even more unbearable. Although it was another hot weekend in the valley I still managed to do some of the things that I do best.

As I looked at everything I was part of this weekend including my time spent at work I noticed something about myself. The function of my existence revolves around me helping others. And if you think about it I am sure that if you examined your life as well you would see something similar. Helping others is a critical component to successful completion of anything in our society.

Do you put others before yourself? Do you ever feel that there are situations when you don’t help others as much as you could? Do you know where to find help when you need it? Can you confidently say that you can help yourself?

I started to think about a few things and found a few quotes about helping that may inspire a thought or two from you.

Have an amazing week and I wish the best for you as always.

“The gift of friendship... a willingness to listen... a pair of helping hands... a whisper from the heart. That someone cares and understands.”

“In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us.”

“The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm”

-Swedish Proverb

“You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success - or are they holding you back?”
-W. Clement Stone

“What looks like a loss may be the very event which is subsequently responsible for helping to produce the major achievement of your life”

-Srully Blotnick

“When you become detached mentally from yourself and concentrate on helping other people with their difficulties, you will be able to cope with your own more effectively. Somehow, the act of self-giving is a personal power-releasing factor.”

-Norman Vincent Peale

No comments:

Post a Comment