Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday Evening Thoughts on Transformation 8/1/10

Wow, its amazing how this year has really flown by. Just yesterday we were in July and today is August 1st. Hard to believe we have already gone through 7 months and are heading into the home stretch of the year. This has been a hot summer in the valley, but we got a little reprieve this weekend as it rained quite a bit and the temps dipped below 90 degrees.

So I am sitting here finishing up my Sunday night ritual as I finish off the amazing hot fudge sundae at Houstons. My dinner was amazing as I had the opportunity to share food and conversation with a friend. Its funny that during dinner I had the opportunity to see the confirmation of some things that I have been thinking about recently.

Even before my dinner this evening I was having some conversations with people that care about me and the role that I am supposed to play in life. A preschool classmate(J-Rock) who I am still close with to this day reminded me that I have a unique skill set and personality and to keep doing whatever it is that is going to make me happy! At the end of the day its our happiness that we should ultimately be concerned about.

I think back to our conversation in sunday school this morning about the patient woman. It kind of had me thinking about a few things and I had a few questions for myself as my thoughts began to revolve around transformation.

As I look at where I am currently, I wonder if I am on the cusp of a transformation. I think some of the pieces are in place for a transformation as I begin to realize that I have changed aspects of my appearance, thought processes, and lifestyle. What prompted me to begin to do some of these things? Was it the opinions of others or was I mature enough to understand that it was time for a change?

Often times we are in need of transformation of different aspects in our lives, but for various reasons the transformation never takes place.

Are we waiting for something to happen that prompts the transformation? What is it that we are waiting for? What are we doing while we are waiting?

I hope that you had an enjoyable week and I wish many blessings upon you in the upcoming week. Also, I would like to wish a Happy Birthday to Alvin Battle and thank you for continuing to push me!(Glad you enjoyed your birthday present)

“When we quit thinking primarily about ourselves and our own self-preservation, we undergo a truly heroic transformation of consciousness.”

-Joseph Campbell

“Personal transformation can and does have global effects. As we go, so goes the world, for the world is us. The revolution that will save the world is ultimately a personal one.”

-Marianne Williamson

“Transformation literally means going beyond your form.”

-Wayne Dyer

“Sometimes a breakdown can be the beginning of a kind of breakthrough, a way of living in advance through a trauma that prepares you for a future of radical transformation.”

-Cherrie Moraga

“Nature often holds up a mirror so we can see more clearly the ongoing processes of growth, renewal, and transformation in our lives.”

No comments:

Post a Comment