Thursday, August 19, 2010

Saturday Evening Thoughts on Happiness 08/14/10

Another scorcher in the valley and I am trying to stay cool the best way I know how. I think the temperature may only be around 110 degrees right now. And if you really think about it, that's really not that bad. I am excited about the rest of this Saturday as the NFL season has started and I am headed to a pre-season Cardinals game. I know that this is one of those things that I enjoy and it does bring a little happiness to an otherwise brutally warm weekend.

This past week was a very good week as I had some time away and got to spend some time with some people that care a great deal about me. Its amazing how knowing some cares can bring you happiness in spite of anything else that you have going on.

Its no surprise that my thoughts right now revolve around happiness. I guess I kind of arrived at this point based on needing to find true happiness in my life, but also because friend sent me an email asking me where was her inspirational message me. She made it seem like I normally know just the right time say a certain thing and make her days better. So I guess my thoughts were a direct result of that conversation.

Here are a few things that I was thinking about happiness that may spur some additional thoughts for you.

What does happiness mean to you? Who controls your happiness? Do you let others determine your happiness? Are you keeping people around you that have a desire to make you happy or help create happiness? Are you happy with yourself? If not, what are you willing to change to be happy with yourself?

I guess you can say that I find my happiness in sharing thoughts and discoveries with you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and remember you are on the cusp of something amazing!

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

-Oscar Wilde

“Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can't love and respect yourself - no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are - completely; the good and the bad - and make changes as YOU see fit - not because you think someone else wants you to be different.”

-Stacey Charter

“Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.”

“It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”

-Dale Carnegie

“Nothing can bring you happiness but yourself.”

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

“To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.”

-Jim Valvano

No comments:

Post a Comment