Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tuesday Evening Thoughts on "Your Actions, Your Plan" 2/7/12

A week into the month of February and it seems as though 2012 is motoring along. I am sure that this past Super Bowl weekend people enjoyed a lot of food, friends, and good times while watching all the commercials. Believe it or not I missed most of the game and all of the commercials. Thank goodness for Youtube as I was able to catch the funny commercials.

I was more excited about my Godson's 13th birthday this weekend than the Super Bowl. When I woke up on Saturday morning, the first thing that I did was called my Godson Michael to wish him a Happy Birthday. I must say that I am quite proud of this young man. He is growing up fast and is becoming quite the respectful young man. I was very proud of him as he was telling his plans of becoming a Psychiatrist. I was shocked to hear him say that and excited all at the same time because of where his head is at even at 13 years old.

It is no surprise that as I relax on my day off I happen to have a lot of things on my brain. With everyday that I exist in this world, I am still learning more about myself. I can't lie and say I am not enjoying the learning because I see the growth. Between the learning and all the thinking I know there is a reason that these experiences are coming my way. The million dollar question is what are my takeaways from it all.

The more I live and build relationships with people I am figuring out why people are sometimes not successful in different areas of their lives. In my opinion it all boils down to the inability to take action. Think about how many people you know that are always talking about doing something, but you never see them do anything. The motto 'don't talk about it be about it' comes to mind. It is actually really kind of ironic that while I was debating about how I would to tackle this topic that has been floating around my head for a couple of days, a facebook conversation provided me the additional depth on the subject I needed.

Earlier in the day I was talking to a young lady who was telling me that she wasn't quite happy with what she was doing for a living and wasn't in her desired location. She continued on to say that she wants to be married, have children, and be someone's backbone. Surprisingly enough, while she wanted all this, she clearly could see that she wasn't ready. Toward the end of the conversation, she was able to reveal that fear was one of the main things keeping her from taking action on a few things. As I listened to her intently, I could see that she had a lot of things that she saw in her future, but needed to put together a plan of action that she would actually carry out in order to get where she desires to be.

I learned awhile ago that even the best laid plan is no good without the appropriate actions. I have a few questions that I have asked myself and maybe they will make you think a little deeper. Are you ready to take action? Or are you waiting to take action? Do you tend to be proactive? Or are you more reactive? Are there some things that you are more proactive about versus others? Why do you think that is?

The questions are designed to make you take a deeper look inside to help you determine if you are taking the right actions according to your plan. We are all different and some actions that are right for you, may not be right for some.(If that sounds familiar, I was singing the Different Strokes theme song earlier). At the end of the day you have to take the actions according to your plan and not someone else's. We make decisions and we take actions to live with the consequences. Simply stated in life, 'You reap what you sow' so if you aren't sowing you aren't reaping. Think about it like this, a dream will never be a reality without you taking any action.

I wish you the best this week and ask that you continue taking the right actions for your life. Live life and be amazing in everything you do.

“Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.”

-Andrew Jackson

“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.”

-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Don't wait. The time will never be just right.”

-Napoleon Hill

“Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live.”

-Chamfort

“Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.”

“I never worry about action, but only about inaction”

-Winston Churchill

“Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.”

-Jules Renard

“The possibilities are numerous once we decide to act and not react.”

-George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment