Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sunday Evening Thoughts on 'Finding Your Purpose' 1/15/12

As I look at the date, I can confidently say that week 2 of 2012 is in the books. Not sure if it is because I am starting to get older but I swear that time is really starting to pass by pretty face. Only 2 weeks in and I can't wait to see what else in store. This past week couldn't have started better as I was able to watch the University of Alabama's Football team win their 14th National Championship.

I was able to talk to a few people that are important to me as I shared birthday wishes with them. To the Godfather, Gerald, Ms. Allen, and Sister T I know that the anniversary of your birth was amazing. Whether it was a few moments or a lengthy conversation I did have the opportunity to catch up with some folks that I do care about a lot. Funny how whenever I have casual conversations with people that I care about they manage to leave me with something to think about.

As I sat down over the last couple of days trying to organize my thoughts, I figured out that it was purpose which has been stuck in my head. I bet you are wondering what I could be thinking right now. My thoughts are all across the board, but I know that it is all going to make sense in the end. I am challenging myself to create something that shows that I am still growing. It seems like I am fueled by the desire to do better with my purpose in life to make the world better.

I think that it is kind of funny last night that as I was talking to one of my homies that he was telling me about how much he enjoyed a piece I wrote around New Years. He went on to tell me that out of all that he has read from me that it was one of my strongest pieces that he has read. What I am learning over time is that based on where we are in life that my writing may have more meaning to some than others.

The original intent of putting my thoughts on paper was to release anything I was feeling to gain clarity about where I was. When it all started I never would have thought that all the writing would serve a much larger purpose in the long run. While therapeutic for me, I didn't realize that I was also giving others reasons to do a little self reflection themselves. At the end of the day, I have grown to love writing and sharing a message or two.

I guess I shouldn't even think that its ironic that on Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday Weekend that my topic of conversation is 'Finding the Purpose.'

We all have a purpose in life, but have you found it? Have you matured enough to see that all the events that have happened or are happening in your life are designed according to your purpose? Even in terms of your relationships, there are people that are examples for you and others in which you are an example to. Whether you believe it or not, everything has a purpose even if you don't realize it at that moment. As I sit here and type my thoughts I know that there is a reason why I am doing it at this very moment.

I can only suggest that you find purpose for what you do and figure out what makes you happy in all aspects of your life. I think I know that my purpose here is to share all that I have to offer with the world. As you move into this new week, I challenge you to channel your energy into living a purpose driven life if you aren't already. Put your best foot forward in all that you do and remember that #PositiveMovementsForward will get you where you need to be. Live life, be amazing, and embrace your purpose no matter what it may be.

“I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.”

-Og Mandino

“It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others”

“It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is.”

-Hermann Hesse

“Life without a purpose is a languid, drifting thing; every day we ought to review our purpose, saying to ourselves, 'This day let me make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is naught!'”

-Thomas Kempis

“A warrior…feeds his body well; he trains it; works on it. Where he lacks knowledge, he studies. But above all he must believe. He must believe in his strength of will, of purpose, of heart and soul.”

-David Gemmell

“Man is not born to solve the problems of the universe, but to find out what he has to do... within the limits of his comprehension.”

-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Some people are born to lift heavy weights, some are born to juggle golden balls.”

-Max Beerbohm

“The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.”

-Mitch Albom

No comments:

Post a Comment