Thursday, March 29, 2012

Over The Hump Thoughts on "Being Brilliant at the Basics" 3/29/12

The month of March is just about in the books and it means that a quarter of the year is gone. Like clockwork Wednesday come and gone and we've made it over the hump. It comes around every week and I have an idea of what lies on the other side, but getting to the other side isn't always the same.

This hump day was a little tough as my family comes together again with the unexpected passing of my dad's sister Tuesday. As always I am truly thankful for my extended family and friends who are praying for my family during this difficult time. I can't stress enough to anyone that I see or talk to to enjoy this moment as you just never know what opportunities you may have tomorrow.

A couple of days ago I had a few thoughts on the brain that I was really having trouble developing and didn't know where to go. I wasn't expecting my conversations the last couple of days to influence my thoughts, but ironically my interactions with my family helped me to expound on the thoughts that were lingering.

Over the course of time that I have been in the world, I have seen where most people want maximum results with minimal effort. Or everyone wants something for nothing. It is pretty simple and you can test the theory out in a lot of ways. You get out of something what you put into it. This pretty much applies all across the board in my book. I think have found the solution to having positive results or success in anything.

What are your core values? Do your core values influence your decisions about life? Career? Family? Relationships with people?

I remember in a few instances over the years people saying KISS which means "Keep It Simple Stupid." I am starting to understand more and more how important keeping things simple makes life so much easier. Even the most difficult things in life don't seem as hard to deal with when you really live the mindset of keeping things simple. No matter what we do in life from our conversations to our actions, there is a direct correlation all to our core values.
Right now, I don't know if I am talking to myself trying to get on board or I am accepting this amazing revelation that's always been here. Our core represents the basic things that make up who we are. Ask yourself these questions; Who are you? What do my core values say about me? How can I be a better me?

As I think about becoming a better me it's all about being "Brilliant at the Basics." In my book the basics should be present in every thing that when they aren't we should notice that some things seem off. Take a moment right now and look at where you are in life; Have you gotten away from the basics?

Think about your career? Your marriage? Relationships? Children? What were the essential building blocks that laid a foundation to embrace wonderful things down the road? I am willing to bet that a lot of things we are engaged in revolve around the golden rule.(Treat others as you would have them treat you or Do unto others as you would have them do you)

I am starting to learn that this thing called life isn't rocket science and its really pretty simple. The concept of "Being Brilliant at the Basics" exists in every facet of our lives, but we just have to embrace the simple concept and live it. How can you expect to be ready to deal with the amazing things coming for you if you can't deal with the basics?

Close your eyes take a deep breath and focus on getting back to the basics in order to position yourself to get where you want to be. I know that the core of MY being revolves around altruism, family, friends, and my faith. I have learned that I can not nor will not be successful in anything if any of those things are not present. I challenge you to really figure out what those things are for you.

So the formula is pretty simple in my book. "Being Brilliant at the Basics" + lifestyle of #PositiveMovementsForward = One Amazing life for you and all those around you!

Make it a great rest of the week folks. Live life and be amazing.

“Consideration for others is the basic of a good life, a good society.” Confucius

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar

“Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals.” Jim Rohn

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” Carlos Casteneda

“Here is the basic rule for winning success. Let's mark it in the mind and remember it. The rule is: Success depends on the support of other people. The only hurdle between you and what you want to be in is the support of other people.” David Joseph Schwartz

“The basic rule of free enterprise: You must give in order to get.” Scott Alexander

“The character ethic, which I believe to be the foundation of success, teaches that there are basic principles of effective living, and that people can only experience true success and enduring happiness as they learn and integrate these principles into their basic character.” Stephen Covey

“Many of life's circumstances are created by three basic choices: the disciplines you choose to keep, the people you choose to be with; and, the laws you choose to obey” Charles Millhuff

“The family is the most basic unit of government. As the first community to which a person is attached and the first authority under which a person learns to live, the family establishes society's most basic values.” Charles Caleb Colton

“Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.” Warren Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment