Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon Thoughts on "Moving Forward" 03/13/12

My my my where did the week, let alone the weekend go. It seemed as though the week seemed to breeze by as I swear that it was just last Monday a day or so ago. I guess time flies when you are having fun, so I am probably having the time of my life right now. I haven't slept a lot the several nights, so I decided to put my time to use and put my thoughts on paper.

Although the weekend went by fast, I do think I accomplished a lot. I built a few new relationships and had some great conversations visiting with my brother and mother over the last couple of days.

Seems like no matter where I go, I find myself engaged in conversations that are related to a lot of my thoughts these days. I assume that reason is that I have a lot of experiences to share on the topic. Maybe there are takeaways or others or even that I can learn a little something from their situation.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt it was difficult to move forward? Does it feel like you have gone through life and become stuck in a moment? Position? Lifestyle? Environment? Relationship?

Interestingly enough, I have been asking myself these questions quite a bit lately. The more I talk and share with others, the easier it is for me to see all the lessons that are present in every moment that we live in. The difficulty of anything is that most people hold onto the moments too long and often get the lesson later on instead of in the moment. How different would things be if we were able to move forward in "Real Time" and not at a later time? I think we can, but it takes really being in tune with ourselves to focused to not allow a moment, people, or situation to keep us from moving forward.

If you look at the world, there are several certainties that will always exist no matter what happens. Time does not standstill and is always moving forward so it is in our best interests to keep our moments in real time. In addition to time, our thoughts will always exist and we need to be carrying the right thoughts forward. Our thoughts are very infectious that's why the phrase, "Positive Thoughts Breed Positive Actions," exists.

I could sit here and tell myself that I am always moving forward, never looking back, or never getting stuck in a moment, but I would be lying to myself. What I can confidently say is that I have found a way to move forward anytime that I get stuck in anything/moment. If you haven't figured it out by now, sharing my thoughts is very therapeutic for me. I am not going to say it is always easy, but I do know that it is possible.

So I challenge you to figure out what that thing is that gives you that push or that little bit of encouragement when you are stuck in a moment, negative thoughts, or a situation. No matter what it is, it doesn't matter as long as it works for you.

I bet that if I told 100 people that there was something amazing waiting for them if they just opened the door, 40% of them still wouldn't be confident enough to walk through it. What about you, would you move forward or just wait until someone else opened the door?

There isn't a thing in life that we encounter that isn't infectious. Remember that it all starts in the mind and you can do amazing things if you allow them to happen. Adopt the #PositiveMovementsForward lifestyle and watch how things start to change for you and everyone around you.

Take a moment today to send positive vibes out through your actions, conversation, and your smile. It is not hard to live life and be amazing.

Is there anything holding you back right now? People? Relationships? Job? Are you ready to move forward? Do you need any help moving forward? So now its up to you in order to move forward to make it happen. If you are ready, let's go!!!!!!

“Playing safe is probably the most unsafe thing in the world. You cannot stand still. You must go forward.” Robert Collier

“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.” Jeremy Irons

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”

“Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” Denis Waitley

“We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.” Lucy Maud Montgomery

“Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” Buddha

“All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.”

“Enduring setbacks while maintaining the ability to show others the way to go forward is a true test of leadership.” Nita Nohria

“March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.” Kahlil Gibran

“One fails forward toward success.” Charles Kettering

“The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.”

No comments:

Post a Comment