Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday Morning Thoughts Before Day on "What are you missing" 3/20/12

The sun isn't quite up yet and I probably have about another couple of hours before the sun comes peeking through my window. The weather here in the Valley of the Sun is still pretty crazy as in the last 72 hours I have seen almost 80 degrees, a hail storm, and temperatures drop to the 40's.

Another sleepless night and my mind is fully engaged in a few deep thoughts that may just propel me to the next level. Last week I wrote about moving forward and I believe I still have a few lingering thoughts about the topic.

Take a look at your life right now and ask yourself a few questions. Have I missed anything? What is it I am missing? Is there something that missed me? Am I missing someone?

Probably asked myself these questions a million times as it seems like moving forward is sometimes difficult when I feel as though I'm missing something. Have you ever packed for a trip or prepared to go somewhere and you couldn't quite leave cause you felt like there was something you forgot to do or pack? Or have you ever been in the kitchen preparing something and it seems a little off and you realized that it is missing a little something?

We encounter a lot of moments in life that remind us that we might be missing something, but the question is what do we do in those moments. Lately, I have been doing a lot of reflection about the time I spent with my great-grandparents. I really don't know a lot of people that can say they spent 30 years with their great-grandfather, but I can say it cause I lived it. I miss the conversations, the lessons, and the visits that I will always have memories of, but its still a lot missing for me. I feel as though I lost a lot, but through my reflection I have gained a lot of wisdom.

Sometimes looking back on the things we miss gives us another opportunity to gain perspective on the lessons that were there. If we get to a point and we realize that we are missing something it is not hard to see that it means/meant something to us.

Is there something that you missed that may be keeping you from moving forward? Have you missed any opportunities in your job? With your relationships? With your family? In life period?

Often times we are so focused on some things that may not really matter as much as we think they do. Ask the father who missed his child's first words or first steps. Ask the mother who missed her son's first touchdown playing on the varsity team. I use those examples to show that sometimes there are some moments that just can't be recreated.

Have you ever found yourself sitting back saying, "I can't believe I missed that," or "What would have happened if I would not have missed that?" There is no DVR in life and we can't pause or rewind the moments to ensure that we don't miss anything. Sometimes it is as simple as refocusing our energies in a different area to keep us on track.

As you move forward, challenge yourself to live the life you have imagined on all levels. Find the balance that allows you to maximize your opportunities with all those things that you are truly passionate about. If you choose to adopt the #PositiveMovementsForward lifestyle I know that you will begin to see noticeable differences in your days.

Let's welcome the 1st day of spring choosing to take advantage of every opportunity to live life and be amazing! Make it a great week folks.

“Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.”

“Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it.”

-William Feather

“Don't worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.”

“Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars.”

-Les Brown

“Don't miss all the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for that pot of gold.”

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time - you may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be.”

-Jon Bon Jovi

“We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lost sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way.”

“Opportunities are like sunrises -- if you wait too long, you miss them.”

-William Arthur Ward

“You never miss the water till the well has run dry.”

-Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment