Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Labor Day thoughts

On this relaxing Labor Day, I am enjoying the the time off by doing some of my favorite things; listening to music, watching TV, chatting with friends/family, and surfing the web. I am not doing all these things at once, but its just an overview of some of today's activities for me.

While surfing the web this, morning I ran across an article on Michael Jordan that really caught my attention. If you haven't read it already, I will include the link so you can check it out if you choose to. To sum up the article, it talks about Michael Jordan being inducted to the Hall of Fame and his selection for who would introduce him. It wasn't Phil Jackson the coached who helped him win 6 NBA titles. Nor was it his college coach the legendary Dean Smith who he won a championship for in 1982 while attending the University of North Carolina. Good friend Charles Barkley wasn't even worthy to do the introduction. David Thompson a former basketball player for in-state rival North Carolina State received the phone call to introduce Jordan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-thompsonjordan090709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

From my perspective, to see one of the greatest basketball players in the game admit that he patterned his game after a young man he saw play at the age of 11 spoke volumes to me.

Take a look at your life and ask yourself what do others see. You just might be the spark and light a fire inside someone that ends up responsible for bringing light to places never before seen. Until its revealed and sometimes not until later on, we never know the inspiration that someone has that aided in their success.

Find the inspiration in you to do something great and inspire others to do more today than they did yesterday. Who has inspired you?

Yesterday, my thoughts revolved around time and I felt that the last quote was very fitting to close with. Thank you to all my friends and family that continue to inspire me to be who I am and share my gifts with the world.

“You won't realize the distance you've walked until you take a look around and realize how far you've been.”

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

-John Quincy Adams

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

-Andre Gide

“Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment