Monday, September 28, 2009

Lazy Monday Thoughts 09/28/09

The weekend is over and I must say that it was quite enjoyable. A dear friend was visiting over the weekend I thoroughly enjoyed my entire weekend. I had several experiences over the course of the last couple days that continue to point me in the direction of creating a legacy and my own legend.

No one can turn the TV on this morning and not see a sports report on growing legend of Brett Favre. The media has been reporting on Brett Favre for months about whether he would unretire/retire or would he just annoy the world for a couple of more months. Just watching yesterday's game Brett Farve let the world know that he truly loves the game. Not just from his throwing the winning touchdown pass, but the fact that he did all the other things in the game expected of a leader.

Below is the definition of legend:

Legend - a person or thing that inspires legends

I have committed myself to inspiring others to build a legacy and the Legend of You and Me starts today. We do this together and will make a difference!

“A talented trumpeter who toots his own horn winds up playing to an empty theatre. A talented trumpeter who lets others recognize his talent winds up a legend.”

-Lisa Edmondson

“A cynic might suggest as the motto of modern life this simple legend - "Just as good as the real”

-Charles Dudley Warner

“You must adjust. This is the legend imprinted in every schoolbook, the invisible message on every blackboard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment