Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - NFL Sunday Opening Weekend - 09/13/09

Today is a great day already and I know why. The sun is barely up and I was blessed with another day on this earth. For anyone that knows me at all, you can imagine how I am feeling right now. My ribs are in the oven and I am finishing up in the lab on my homemade barbecue sauce.

My thoughts today are centered around the first Sunday in the NFL season and beginnings. I feel like a kid on the first day of school, as I have a new outfit to wear and I couldn't sleep last night. Kickoff of the first game today is just hours away and this season promises many exciting moments that lie ahead.

As the season prepares to kick-off on this beautiful Sunday, I found a few quotes that may help you appreciate new beginnings this season or in your life. I thank a friend of mine named Jason Womble for inspiring today's thoughts. Jason is a devoted fan of the Detroit Lions and stands behind his team 110% even after they became the first team in NFL history to finish 0-16. Jason's tireless dedication and faith in his team inspired me to find something that embodies what today means for him and his beloved Lions.

So on this day, I salute all fans and Jason for their endless love for the game. Whoever your team is, good luck to you and them today.

GO LIONS, PERFECT SEASON #2 STARTS TODAY!!!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

-Maria Robinson

“There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.”

“If you want to know the end, look at the beginning”

-African Proverb

“Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets.”

-Henry Kissinger

No comments:

Post a Comment