Monday, September 14, 2009

Lazy Monday Thoughts

Its amazing how often we take for granted things we experience in life. Exactly a year ago, I remember sitting in the emergency room getting X-Rays after a minor car accident that I was involved in. While I hated to be involved in the accident, I appreciate most things that happened after it. Over the last year amidst the unexpected aches and pains, I can appreciate a lot in my life after going through that experience.

In life we often talk about first impressions and what your thoughts were the first time that you met someone. How many times have you met someone and have no recollection of a first impression? How often have people come into your life and you don't realize why you met them at that point in your life?

How often do we take for granted that there is a reason for everything? Think about this example, have you ever been in a restaurant and made a comment to a server and they mention that it was the most thoughtful thing that anyone has said to them all day?

I am sure you wonder what I am getting at, but I will tell you to keep my thoughts on track. Last night, I was having dinner at my favorite Sunday night local and met a young lady whose face looked very familiar to me but we did not know each other. When I first sat down at the bar to eat, she was sitting about two chairs away from me and by the time she finished her drink she was sitting right next to me. While we talked she started telling me about her day and that it had not turned out as she had planned. I kept listening to her story and could see that this would be another experience that she grows from. She began to talk about her experiences and how they shaped her life. She rose from her circumstances as a young person growing up in a single parent home and remained focused and became the strong woman she is today. This young lady also talked about valuing yourself and making sure that you never just settle for anything if you aren't appeasing yourself.

Just over dinner, my eyes were opened as she made some valid points. Here I am sitting there thinking that I am helping her turn her night around because of the bad day that she had. When it was all said and done she actually helped me and didn't realize it. In our daily travels and the work that we do, there will be always be chance meetings with people. In that one instant you have an opportunity to define why this person has come into your life.

Earth Wind and Fire's Reasons may be floating around in your head right now and its okay!

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person."

There are so many reasons that you have come into my life, and I thank you for all of them. Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment