Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Thoughts 091909

As much as I believe that my life is routine, it never really is when I step back and look at it. I can honestly say that this Saturday morning is really A LOT different than most as I have literally been awake since 2:50 am. You may be asking yourself, why was I up and why didn't I just go back to sleep. I will get to that shortly.

Over the course of the last two nights, I have been awakened by phone calls in the middle of the night while I was preparing to go to sleep or in a very deep sleep. Based on me being the person that I am, I did answer both calls and I am very thankful that the nature of both calls ended up being non-emergencies. I look back now and say, "Whew glad everything is okay, but I am sleepy." So since I was up at this early/late hour, I decided to get to my Saturday Thoughts a little earlier than normal. Based on my recent experiences my thoughts became centered around this question: In case of emergency and you do break the glass who is going to respond?

Just posing that question I think its a great time for each of us to look at our relationships on all levels. Your level of expectation in your relationships will determinethe reliability/dependency that you may have on people in various situations.

Are you going to be there when the glass is broken and the call comes? Can you be counted on to be the one listening on the other end of the phone? If a word of encouragement is needed can you provide it at that moment? You never know when or why someone may need you, but I trust that you will be there.

I have no expectations for my friends that would be any different from their expectations of me. That is one beautiful thing about relationships that there is a shared understanding about who you are.

Make it a great day!

“A true friend never breaches the trust of his companion or stabs in his back. He is trustworthy and reliable. One should therefore always try to be a true and reliable friend. ”

-Sam Veda

“It's just, when you want, no...when you really need...people to be there for you? They're not..they're like a million miles away. And when you think someone is totally reliable and trustworthy and reliable and you've built your whole....life...around”

“The Lord doesn't ask about your ability, only your availability; and, if you prove your dependability, the Lord will increase your capability.”

No comments:

Post a Comment