Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunday Evening Thoughts 11/08/09

Today was one of those days where I just love living here in Arizona. This morning when I woke up the weather was a bit cool, but then the sun came out and it warmed up to about 84 degrees. The day was so perfect that I found myself asleep on the couch and actually missed the 2nd half of my Arizona Cardinals game against the Bears.

By the time I woke up from my nap, I was able to celebrate the Cardinals victory. During the post game press conference, Coach Ken Whisenhunt made a statement that brought back memories of the last time the Cardinals and Bears played. “The Bears are who we thought they were…..And we didn’t let them off the HOOK.”

While this statement may not mean a lot to you, but it is a recollection of the frustration of former Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Dennis Green. In the fall of 2006, after a Monday Night Football Game in which the Cardinals gave up a comfortable lead to the Bears and eventually lost the game. Coach Green had a memorable meltdown after the game and made some statements that are forever etched in history. That ended up being the last season that he coached in the NFL. While this not have been a great memory initially for Coach Green, he has been able to capitalize on it as they have featured his blow up in a couple of commercials.

So my thoughts over the past several days have revolved around memories. We are always creating memories whether they are good or bad. Enjoy every experience you have in life for what it is. After its all over regardless of what happens you will still have the memories, so cherish them.

I have memories of you that I am sure will never leave me. Make it an amazing week.
 
“Always remember to slow down in life; live, breathe, and learn; take a look around you whenever you have time and never forget everything and every person that has the least place within your heart. ”

“A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever.”

“It's surprising how much of memory is built around things unnoticed at the time”

-Barbara Kingsolver

“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us”

-David Seamands

No comments:

Post a Comment