Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts 11/1/09

Nothing in life is by chance. There is a reason that most things happen in our lives even if we can not explain it. I woke this morning and began to see more answers as to why some things are the way that they are.


Being the football fan that I am, I am preparing to watch Brett Favre play his first football game
at a place he called home for 15+ years. All this week on the sports channels they talked to the Green Bay fans about how
they felt about Brett wearing the jersey of their fiercest rival. The results were mixed as some were still fans of Favre and others loathed him for where he is now.

Sports often times allows us to see our tendencies to be fair weather people. We have all heard it said before about fair weather fans and supporting their teams in times of success and being absent in the low points.

The majority of our lives are spent sorting through all kinds of relationships. In life just like in sports we encounter situations where we tend to be fair weather.

Are there areas in your life where you tend to be fair weather? Do you have some relationships that may be fair weather? Are there times that someone could see that you as a fair weather friend?

Through the storms and the fair weather, I am thankful for all my friends and family. I enjoy being there for you and I appreciate you being there for me! Life ain't easy and I ain't to big to say that WE DO THIS TOGETHER!

“A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.”

-Robert Frost

“Diplomats are useful only in fair weather. As soon as it rains they drown in every drop.”

-Charles de Gaulle

“Some are atheists only in fair weather.”

-Thomas Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment