Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thurday Thoughts Before Dawn 11/12/09

I sit awake on this Thursday morning at the computer putting my thoughts together. I have been under the weather for the last couple of days, but it seems like no matter how ill I become I still manage to have a few thoughts on the brain.

Since I was up, I found myself flipping through the channels and ended up watching several shows on VH1. On this particular day, VH1 was running a 6 hour spotlight on rapper T.I. which showed an episode of ‘Behind the Music’ as well as several episodes of T.I.’s ‘Road to Redemption.’

As I watched the shows, I began to remove his celebrity and view him as a regular person like you or me. All throughout his life he encountered crossroads where he had choices to make and he didn’t always make the right ones.

In every aspect of our life on a daily basis we are presented with many opportunities to make decisions. Choices surround us and ultimately we have to live with the choices that we make.

How often do you ask yourself why am I where I am? Why do these things keep happening to me? Why does it seem like the people around me are bringing me down?

Hopefully, we have learned lessons from our prior choices in life that have allowed us to grow. Choose wisely as your decisions today shape your tomorrow.
 
You can choose to be or do anything in life, but YOU are the only one that can make that decision.

“There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself.”

Henry David Thoreau
 
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
-Tennessee Williams

“The greatest power that a person possesses is the power to choose.”

-J Martin Kohe

“The truth is that we can learn to condition our minds, bodies, and emotions to link pain or pleasure to whatever we choose. By changing what we link pain and pleasure to, we will instantly change our behaviors.”

-Anthony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment