Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts 2009

Like most others that I know I made it to see another day, and I am thankful for it. It happens to be Thanksgiving, but I know we all have more to be thankful for even if today wasn’t nationally recognized as a day to give thanks.

When I woke this morning, I was reminded by one of my best friends of how blessed I was. For a few minutes we went back and forth reminding each other of how blessed we felt the other was because of what we see. When it was all said and done, we could both say that we are extremely blessed and have a lot to be thankful for.

Sometimes it takes a moment like this to put things back in perspective to appreciate your life and what you have. I could tell by checking the inbox on my blackberry, that I was given reminders of just how thankful I should be on a daily basis.

I am so thankful for where my life has brought me thus far. Life has not always been easy, but through the good and the bad I am thankful for the experiences that I have shaped me to be the man that I am today. Often times in life we forget that thanksgiving is really everyday and not just the fourth Thursday in November.

If you haven’t done so already, adopt a new philosophy for yourself and your family see if you can sustain the actions of this week and this particular day year round. I am up for the challenge and we can do it together.

Remember to be thankful everyday and for everything that comes your way.

Have a wonderful and safe holiday!
“Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!”

-Amanda Bradley

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

-Frederick Keoning

“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

-Albert Pike

“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.”

-W.T. Purkiser
Sent from my Blackberry on the nation's best wireless network. Can you hear me now?

No comments:

Post a Comment