Monday, September 20, 2010

Friday Evening Thoughts on Motivation 09/17/10

Today was an amazing day for so many reasons. When I went to sleep last night I remember talking to my mother and when I woke up this morning I was talking to her again. It’s times like this that I really appreciate my days more and more because of who/what I have in my life. My family and friends keep me grounded and focused on the things that still remain important to me in spite of anything else that is going on.

I also had an opportunity to meet with the young men that we are currently in 8th grade at a local school in South Phoenix. I don’t how excited the others are, but I woke up excited and couldn’t wait to get to the school this afternoon. Anyone that knows me can see the passion that I have for this endeavor and the approach I take with being a part of the lives of these young men. I don’t know if I would be where I am or on the path that I am on if not for people having the same passion about being a part of my life.

No matter what it is in our life I think that we are all driven to do something. While that varies from person to person, its important to recognize that having that fire is a normal part of who we are.

Where do you find your motivation? Family? Friends? Have you ever lost your motivation? How did you get it back? Are you able to motivate others?
Make this the start of an amazing weekend. Take the time out to rest and enjoy every moment that is in front of you. On the cusp of amazing and its up to you to make it happen. Don't let anything deter you from moving further along toward your destiny.

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”

-Gail Devers

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.”

-Jesse Jackson

“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”

-Og Mandino

“It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference.”

-Paul Bryant

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.”

-E. Joseph Cossman

“We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

-Charles Swindoll

No comments:

Post a Comment