Friday, September 3, 2010

Thursday Morning Thoughts on Giving 09/2/10

Thursday morning before day and I am up doing some of my favorite things; listening to music, watching Sportscenter, and thinking. I really don’t remember what time I went to sleep on last evening, but I woke up out of sleep a couple of hours ago with some things on the brain. When this happens I know that there’s a reason for it that I don’t understand at the moment that it will be revealed sometime later. I say this because often times when I write my thoughts down and share with others, it never fails that I receive a phone call or email saying, “Thanks I really needed that.”

I am sure I say this a lot, but it seems like I am always doing some soul searching trying to find something within me. It’s amazing that someone yesterday told me that I was looking for something that I already had. I was confused a little, but as they explained it to me it started to make sense to me. They said based on all my unique experiences and opportunities that I have something to share with the world in many different capacities. I must say that this conversation got me to thinking a little bit and the concept of giving floated around my head for awhile.

Based on what I started realize after the conversation, that every thing we go through in life offers us the opportunity to be a witness to others. Whether it’s a good or bad we have all gained something from every experience that we have in life. With that being said, I had a few questions that were on the brain about giving.

Are you aware of what you have to give? How willing are you to give of yourself? What hinders you from giving in any capacity? Where do you think your giving can have the most impact? Family? Relationships? Church? Community? Work? How do you feel when you give of yourself? Is the giving spirit taught or are you born with it?

I am excited to answer these questions for myself, but I wanted to share some thoughts and questions that may get you thinking a little bit. I want to remind you that you are the cusp of some amazing things and you just have to continue walking in that direction. Have an amazing day and you are one step closer to the weekend.

“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more”

-Anthony Robbins

“You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself.”

-Harvey S. Firestone

“It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance.”

-Shania Twain

“The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.”

-Albert Einstein


“Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life's blood. But everyone has something to give.”

-Barbara Bush

“Give what you have to somebody, it may be better than you think.”

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Do not stand on a high pedestal and take 5 cents in your hand and say, "here, my poor man", but be grateful that the poor man is there, so by making a gift to him you are able to help yourself.It is not the reciever that is blessed, but it is the giver.Be thankful that you are allowed to exercise your power of benevolence and mercy in the world, and thus become pure and perfect.”

-Swami Vivekananda

No comments:

Post a Comment