Sunday, December 4, 2011

Friday Afternoon Thoughts on Decisions 4/1/11

Another Friday afternoon has come upon us and I am trying to enjoy it the best way I know how. I woke up this morning feeling a little relieved as I think I have finally started to get a lot off my chest. A quarter of the year has gone by and I am starting to believe that the year 2011 will be one of the defining years of my life.

The temperature is starting to heat up in the Valley of the Sun as the projected high is 98 degrees today. As I look at the thermometer of my life it seems to correspond well with the temperatures outside. There's been quite a lot on my mind for awhile and I think I have finally prepared myself to appropriately address my thoughts.

There is a lot of uncertainty in our lives from time to time, but that will never stop us from making decisions. Decisions are a part of life and they are necessary for everything from breakfast choices to retirement investment options.

The decisions that we make today will ultimately shape our tomorrow. We can't allow our past decisions to hinder us from making new decisions. With every new experience that comes from making a decision, there should be some growth for us.

What are some of the toughest decisions you have ever needed to make? What makes a decision tough? Is it harder to make a decision when it affects more than just you? Are there any decisions that you are reluctant to make? Why?

As you move forward in anything you do trust that you have knowledge, resources, and people around you to help you make good decisions. Move confidently into your weekend and prepare for more amazing things headed your way.

“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.”

-Flora Whittemore

“Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”

-Tom Robbins

“Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.”

-Keri Russell

“It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.”

“A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion”
-Chinese Proverb

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward.”

-Amelia Earhart

“We can try to avoid making choices by doing nothing, but even that is a decision.”

-Gary Collins

“Don't you ever wonder maybe if you took a left turn instead of a right you could be someone different?”

“My basic principle is that you don't make decisions because they are easy; you don't make them because they are cheap; you don't make them because they're popular; you make them because they're right.”

-Theodore Hesburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment