Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thursday Night Thoughts on Choosing the Right Attitude 10/13/11

If I was any other place in the world I would be enjoying a relaxing fall afternoon, but that is not the case as I feel the 95 degrees here in the Valley of the Sun. I guess that life could be worse, but I am still going to embrace it as I know some people are freezing somewhere. Just like that I had a choice and I decided to embrace all the positives that I could see about the weather in an effort to move forward with my day.

I am not really sure why the last couple of mornings when I woke up I was feeling a certain kind of way. I am thinking that it may have something to do with me finally developing a comfort level with a lot of decisions that I have made recently. I try not to be one of those people that 2nd guesses their choices because I think I have enough life experience to make good sound reasonable decisions. Basic human nature makes us feel this way at times even about the simplest decisions.

At any point during the day we are faced with choices from what to wear, what to eat, and what kind of attitude to have. Choosing the right attitude is probably one of the most important decisions that we make on a daily basis. It seems simple enough, but often times not choosing to have the right attitude just may make life harder.

When you wake up daily what is your attitude toward life? Are you embracing the opportunities in front of you? Or are you dreading heading to work or starting your day?

What is your attitude toward others? Are you building others up? Or are you choosing to just look out for you?

Just a simple example that most of us deal with daily, but choosing to have the right attitude at the start of the day has a tremendous impact on those around you.

As you move closer to enjoying the weekend, think about choices you make about your attitude towards many different things in life. Your attitude is contagious and can be the thing that carries you through the tough times. Choose to have a smile on your face, a positive outlook on life, and the right attitude with everything you do. Trust me it isn't always easy, but it's definitely worth it in the long run. Live life and be amazing in whatever you do.
“If the ladder is not leaning against the right wall, every step we take just gets us to the wrong place faster”

-Stephen Covey

“There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.”

“If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise.”

-Robert Fritz

“To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.”

-Kofi Annan

“Choose a subject equal to your abilities; think carefully what your shoulders may refuse, and what they are capable of bearing.”

-Horace

"When personal judgment is inoperative (or forbidden), men's first concern is not how to choose, but how to justify their choice”

-Ayn Rand

“Life is not a continuum of pleasant choices, but of inevitable problems that call for strength, determination, and hard work”

-Indian Proverb

“I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every deed, word, and thought throughout our lifetime.”

-Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

“As human beings, we are endowed with freedom of choice, and we cannot shuffle off our responsibility upon the shoulders of God or nature. We must shoulder it ourselves. It is our responsibility.”

-Arnold Toynbee

“The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice.”

-George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment