Sunday, December 4, 2011

Reflections After Mother's Day 2011 5/10/11

Mother's Day weekend usually coincides with college graduations and family gatherings as mothers have the ability to bring people in from near and far. For me it has been a pretty decent weekend as I was able to enjoy some time with friends and extended family. Golf, good food, good times, and ice cold beverages was exactly the prescription needed for a relaxing weekend.

I had a few thoughts on the brain as I think about the impact that women have had on the world raising their children and taking care of their families. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have the love and support of my mother, surrogate mothers, and other motherly figures that have made an impact on me over the years.

As we look at our lives what it is it about the mother figures lives that contribute to our successes? Is it the nurturing component? Is it the desire to see the smile on their face knowing that they approve of your actions?

There's just something about a mother's love that makes you feel unlike anything else. No matter where we are in life or what we do, we will always believe that a mother's love will be there with us always in spite of. What have we learned from the mother figures in our lives that lead us to believe this? As, I started to answer this question I started to think about why we believe the things that we do.

There are so many statements or sayings that we have heard over time about believing; 'Seeing is believing,' 'Believe none of what you hear and everything that you see' etc. As I think about the role of mother's in our lives, they have shown us from the very beginning that their love is unprecedented through their words and actions toward us.

So as we think about what we believe, we should overlay what we have learned from our mother's as we move forward in our lives. I trust that this week is starting amazing for you and that you welcome the many blessings heading your way.

“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand.”

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”

-Buddha

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

-Oprah Winfrey

“Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.”

-Charles Kettering

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”

-George Sheehan

“Believe in your dreams and they may come true; believe in yourself and they will come true”

“Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.”

-David Joseph Schwartz

“Love what you do. Believe in your instincts. And you'd better be able to pick yourself up and brush yourself off every day.”

“One comes to believe whatever one repeats to oneself sufficiently often, whether the statement be true of false. It comes to be dominating thought in one's mind.”

-Robert Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment