Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Late Night Thoughts on a Tuesday 10/27/09

Today was a much cooler day here in the Valley of the Sun. The weather took a turn and we are expected to see temperatures in the 60's tomorrow. All I can say is bring on fall, even if it may be for only like 48 hours.

As I was driving home this evening my car began to move outside of the lane as the swirling winds violently pushed my car around. You would think that my car was heavy enough to not be affected, but that was not the case on this day. This made me start to think about the winds of change that affect our lives.

How often do feel as though things are going along just they way should be and the unexpected happens? Do you lose your focus? Are you prepared to deal with things the way they are? Does your faith still remain strong?

It does not matter how calm things seem to be there is always an opportunity for an unsuspecting wind to swoop in to disrupt things. How you choose to deal with it, will be one of your defining moments.

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

-Jimmy Dean

“Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”

-Winston Churchill

“If a man does not know what port he is steering for, no wind is favorable to him”

-Seneca

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”

-William Arthur Ward

“Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.”

-Arthur Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment