Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sunday Night Thoughts 10/24/09

Normally on a weekend about this time, I am nowhere near my home and I am out somewhere having a good time. Fridays and Saturdays signal the end of the work week for me and I am trying to transition into the weekend. On this particular weekend, the only thing I wanted to do was just to come home and relax.

After running a couple of errands, I made it home, sat in front of the TV, and realized I was pretty content where I was. I sat there for a moment and started to think about the state of being content.

Are you content where you are in life? How did you get there? Are you content in your current friendships/relationships?

At what ever point in life you are at, you have a choice to be content or not? And if you aren't content, are you willing to change or accept changes to get there?

Finding the point at which you become content just might be the fresh start that you were looking for. You are where you are for a reason, the choice is yours on how you deal with it.

“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have.”

-Doris Mortman

“I know not how I may seem to others, but to myself I am but a small child wandering upon the vast shores of knowledge, every now and then finding a small bright pebble to content myself with”

-Plato

“Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.”

-Horace Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment