Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sunday Evening Thoughts 10/11/09

The weekend is coming to a close and I am trying to prepare for the upcoming week in the best way that I know how. Today was a great day as I felt a sense of meaning while talking to the youth in my Sunday School class, my Arizona Cardinals won, and I showed my support for Breast Cancer Awareness by donning a Pink Polo shirt at today's game.

Its an amazing experience when you feel the conviction of God based on things that have taken place in your life! Over the last week, I have seen the God in me and in some cases have not seen the God in others.

As I think of these situations I begin focus on how people strive to be perfect, but we all must remember that there was only one perfect man that ever walked the face of this earth.

Let's take a look at perfection and figure out what it is that we are trying to be perfect at. The way I see it there are really only a few things in life that you can attempt to be perfect at. At the end of the day you have to be perfect at being you. Who can judge you and say that you are not doing the best job at being you?

I think that we often times lose sight of the things that we were meant to be perfect at. And in doing that we spend a lot of time trying to be perfect at things that we were never intended to be perfect at. People make mistakes and no one is going to live a perfect life. The tough part about grasping the concept of perfection is figuring out what it is you are supposed to be perfect at.

Something tells me that when you realize that its more about others than about you, then you are on the road to figuring it out.

“The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.”

-Anna Quindlen

“Some of us (perfectionists, especially) fuss so much over making the 'right' choice, but in life, all that's really needed is to make any' good' choice, believe in it, go through with it, and accept the consequences.”

“People throw away what they could have by insisting on perfection, which they cannot have, and looking for it where they will never find it”

-Edith Schaeffer

“The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection.”

-George Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment