Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Afternoon Thoughts 10/10/09

More often than not, we encounter situations in our life that are tests based on previous lessons learned. We go through a lot in our lifetime and hopefully we are learning lessons that begin to enrich our lives and the lives of others.

There have been at least two situations in the last week in my work and personal life that had me really reflecting on my take aways from those lessons learned. My mother will tell you that I am pretty easy going and things rarely bother me. I use the term rarely as there are a few things that do really do bother me. I really have major issues not being respected as a person or not being treated fairly. I do know that these situations are just a part of life and we just have to chose how we deal with it and keep it moving.

Its not important to get into many details about the situations that I experienced. What is important is the fact that I have another topic that I am writing about at this time. I was able to remember how important is to be aware of my situation and have the discipline to be responsible in most situations.

Even before others, how honest are you with YOURSELF? What is your current level of self-awareness? Do you have the self-discipline necessary to maintain focus to reach your goals?

Self-awareness and self-discipline are necessary components to refine as you look to have success with your job, relationships, and other areas of your life.

“We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for.”

-Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

“In other living creatures the ignorance of themselves is nature, but in men it is a vice.”

-Boethius

“Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward.”

-Napoleon Hill

“Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It require you to connect today's actions to tomorrow's results. There's a season for sowing a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which.”

-Gary Ryan Blair

“In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves...self-discipline with all of them came first.”

-Harry S. Truman

No comments:

Post a Comment