Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday Evening Thoughts

I must say that I had a very relaxing day off yesterday, but I still engaged in activities that are feeding my personal growth. As you know I watch a lot of sports and I happened to pay close attention to a couple of sports stories that made the headlines yesterday.

The selection of Brazil to host the 2016 Summer Olympic Games was not a surprise to me. However, what did surprise me were the conversations and looks of dejection of the citizens of Chicago. This was not the successful picture that was envisioned by the city of Chicago and President Obama as he showed his support for the selection as well. I also point you to the news reports that show that Tiger Woods has become the first Billion Dollar athlete.

I highlight these two examples as they show the two sides of success. In the Olympic example Chicago wasn't successful in its bid to host, and definitely has some work to done in order to become a strong contender in future years. Tiger Woods has demonstrated since he entered the golfing world his love for the game and his success in the sport tells me a lot.

In my opinion, anyone can be successful in anything that choose to be. Success isn't a given and it doesn't come easy. I think there is a recipe for it and anyone can cook it up to be a delightful dish. I have a few simple ingredients that you can start with, but feel free to jazz it up as necessary. My recipe for success includes a good mix of preparation, determination, self evaluation, and timing.

"When you're on the road to success the most important step is always the next one. Never stop trying!"

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed"

-Michael Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment