Thursday, May 12, 2011

Friday Afternoon Thoughts on Being Better 11/12/10

The end of another week is here and I am preparing to enjoy the weekend. Seems as it gets closer to the end of the year the weeks drag on a little bit. Even with that I still find a lot to gain from all of my experiences. Everyday it seems I am learning more and more to embrace all the situations that I encounter as they are all learning experiences. As long as each and every one of us has an opportunity to see another day, we will be presented with an opportunity to learn at some point. Whether one chooses to or not depends on the individual.

I am starting to see my own growth right before my eyes in my decision making and self-awareness. The self-awareness piece has become quite a big deal for me as often times other people's perception of you becomes their reality. As I recently was reminded through my conversations with my baby sister that she was always watching. Sometimes we forget that we are always on stage regardless of the time of day or the place that we are at. Those around you can see you and often have a critique of what they think can make you better. At the end of the day, its all about growth in our lives.

Probably wondering where I am headed with all this, but some thoughts and questions started to form in my head.

Are you okay with being good or are you ready to be better? Are you willing to do what it takes to get better? Are you getting better for yourself? Others? Are you aware of what can be better? Are you taking an active role in making others better?

As you prepare to enjoy your weekend, I ask that you try to make it better than your last. I also ask you to look at ways that you can make things even better for those around you as there are young people that are in need you sharing your experiences with them. I know that I am a better person because people cared enough to want me to be better in many aspects of my life.

I am leaving you with some quotes to enjoy and asking you to pray for a friend of mine along with their family and extended family with the recent loss of a loved one.

“If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies... It would be a sad situation if the wrapper were better than the meat wrapped inside it.”

-Albert Einstein

“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”

-Marcel Pagnol

“Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.”

-Jim Rohn

“Better the man that conquer a thousand thousand men is the one who conquer one, himself.”

-Buddha

“Love what you do. Believe in your instincts. And you'd better be able to pick yourself up and brush yourself off every day.”

“It is better to keep a friend from falling than to help him up”

“You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay? Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.”

-Jim Rohn

“It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.”

-Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment