Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Monday Afternoon Thoughts on Favor 10/4/10

Sitting here on a Monday afternoon listening to the rain as I reflect on this past weekend. One would think that I would eventually get to a point that were I would have a weekend that wasn’t amazing. I guess that I must be doing something right as the feeling happens to be here again. It really isn’t hard for me to figure the elements that need to be present in order for amazing to take place. I think I have the recipe down at least for me: friends, family, food, and growth. Regardless of if its via the telephone or in person I try to have quite a few interactions with my family and friends over the course of the weekend. It’s no surprise that I also enjoyed some good vittles over the weekend and that’s not that reason I experience growth.

I purposely included growth as one of the things that remains present in ensuring that I have an amazing weekend. At the end of the weekend I can always reflect on my experiences and interactions with people that I can see some growth within myself and those around me.

Over the last couple of days I have experienced a few conversations that have me thinking a lot about favor. Our message in church today even discussed favor. So I started to think about how often people look for the favor of those that do not have their best interests at heart.

Often times we look at situations and begin to ask questions as to why it doesn't appear that we were favored based on circumstances. It's important to realize that sometimes we are the favored ones by not receiving everything that we think that we want. In terms of dealing with people we will always see that some are favored more than others.

How important is favor to you? Who do you have favor with? Who has favor with you? Why? How does someone gain favor with you? Similar Interests? Morals? Beliefs?

No matter what perspective you choose to take in terms of favor, it is something to think about.

At the end of the day, I know this, "Don't worry about having favor with those that don't care to make you happy! Choose to have favor with those that put you before them! And you can put a big smile on your face cause you have favor with me."

Let today be the start of an amazing week for you!

“The mere fact that you have obstacles to overcome is in your favor...”

-Robert Collier

“It is the characteristic of the magnanimous man to ask no favor but to be ready to do kindness to others.”

-Aristotle

“I know the world isn't fair, but why isn't it ever unfair in my favor?”

-Bill Watterson

“Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.”

-Brian Tracy

“The bird thinks it a favor to give the fish a lift in the air

-Rabindranath Tagore

“Do not offer a compliment and ask a favor at the same time. A compliment that is charged for is not valuable.”

-Mark Twain

“Why abandon a belief merely because it ceases to be true? Cling to it long enough and... it will turn true again, for so it goes. Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.”

-Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment