Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Saturday Evening Thoughts on Friends 10/9/10

Saturday Evening on a relaxing Columbus Day weekend and I couldn’t have asked for anything more to help make this an amazing weekend. I have been in the kitchen for a little while this weekend doing a little food prep for our tailgating extravaganza tomorrow appropriately titled “Bringing the Bayou to the Desert.”

Although, I am a little disappointed that the Crimson Tide came up a little short on the football field today, I still have a lot to be excited about. Being from the south I have always appreciated how food just makes everything okay and this weekend I have quite of few things planned with friends in mind. One of my junior high school classmates from Germany just happened to be in Phoenix this weekend, and I will get the chance to visit with her this evening after all these years.

If you can’t see where I am going yet, you can probably get a little hint about the path that I am headed down. I can’t help but think about friends and friendship and how important these things are in our lives. Over the last several days I think I have talked to several people that I consider to be very important in my life as they have helped to shape me into the person that I am. It’s amazing how well our friends know the people that we are and often times speak up when others don’t know us as well. I think I have some of the most amazing people in my life that are made up of my family and friends.

As I continue to enjoy my weekend, I was thinking about a few questions relating to friendship that may make you think a little bit.

What kind of friend am I? What is your definition of friend? What makes someone a great friend? Do you have any friends in your life that you would do anything for? Do you have some friends in your life that would do anything for you? Why?

I trust that you are enjoying this weekend and preparing to be the recipient of some amazing things around the corner. Keep a smile on your face and stay moving forward in spite of anything that goes on around you as there is nothing that can stop you, but you. Thank you for being a friend and having a special place in my life.

And I am apologizing in advance for the Winnie the Pooh quotes, but I have always been able to identify with that guy as we are quite similar.

“We are friends and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often.”

-Jeanette Winterson

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin to Pooh”

-A. A. Milne

“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

-Winnie the Pooh

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

-Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment