Thursday, May 12, 2011

Friday Morning Thoughts on Connected 11/5/10

The end of another week and I can't tell you how excited I was to see Friday. This isn't just a normal Friday, but a special one in my eyes as my baby sister turns Twenty-Five years old today. Wow is all I can say as it has been an interesting 25 years with this wonderful young lady.

I could easily sit here talking about my week and where I currently am, but the last 25 years of my life with my sister has me thinking about some things. My sister and I are eight years apart and growing up I always felt that we weren't really that connected based on us being in different stages of our lives. I always remember having to watch her as that's what "BIG BROTHERS" do, but I never really remembered sitting down talking with her about a lot of stuff and enjoying conversations. I say this because by the time we were able to start having those conversations, I was graduating from high school and left Germany.

Although, I felt like I really didn't have a great connection with my little sister early on, she reminded me recently that we had a better connection than I thought. My lil sister recently told me that she was always watching and listening to me from the very beginning and learned a lot from me. I can honestly say that I was quite touched hearing this from her and felt like such an amazing brother.

So it's no secret now where my thoughts might be headed. I have a lot of thoughts on the brain these days and my relationship with my sister started to bring me a little more clarity.

I have been having a lot of conversations lately with individuals who are asking me, "Where is the old Nicholas at? or "I don't think I know you anymore!"

There are often times in our lives that we become come disconnected from things or people. We have to take a step back every now and then to re-focus and re-energize just to make sure we are headed in the right direction.

Have you ever felt disconnected from your environment? Family? Friends? Relationships? What was the reason for the disconnect? Was there a change somewhere? How did you reconnect?

Again, I say thank you for allowing me to connect with you again and share my thoughts with you. Make it an amazing day that leads to an amazing weekend.

“If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise.”

-Robert Fritz

“Have you ever felt like a phone call that's been disconnected?”

-Shannon Doherty

“Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.”

-Conrad Hilton

“It is impossible to win the great prizes of life without running risks, and the greatest of all prizes are those connected with the home”

-Theodore Roosevelt

“Everything you want in life has a price connected to it. There's a price to pay if you want to make things better, a price to pay just for leaving things as they are, a price for everything.”

-Harry Browne

“From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that we are here for the sake of each other - above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.”

-Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment